Monday, August 15, 2011

First Camping Trip - Ever.


After a rough day on Friday, Eric and I headed out to meet Jen, Pete, Jack and Pepper for a camping trip. My first camping trip ever. (John and Sheila aren't campers or body of water go'ers.)  After turning around roughly 7 times to find this campsite in the dark, we finally arrived at 10 o'clock.  I was ready to end the day but Saturday was perfect! The resevoir was gorgeous.  Tony and Helen were very generous to let us borrow thier amazing paddle-style kayak.  We spent an hour on the lake exploring.  Eric taught me all about how to hit waves correctly, boating, skiing, camping, etc.  Very educational trip. :)  We also learned the importance of sunscreen.  Jack was kind enough to give me a soft lecture on it while we layed down for an afternoon rest together in Aunt Laura and Uncle Eric's tent. I had a great time and we are looking forward to next year when we have "two whannikans and a jack." - pg. 

G & G family tradition est. Summer 2011.



Checking the beach out - don't mind Pepper.



First picture of Bambines and I.



First Giacobazzi family photo. :)



Nights aren't complete without a blazin' fire...



And the days aren't complete without a few big smiles!! :)

Thank you, Jen and Pete for introducing me to camping! xo.

2 comments:

  1. well now if this ain't the most fun thing ever! laura on a blog! pepper pooping! perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE it! good work, can't wait for many more posts.


    and yay for our camping tradition!!!!!

    ReplyDelete